Someone asked for the Granola Recipe before the race, but I am just getting to posting.
Granola Recipe
10-12 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ
1/2 lb. shredded coconut
2 cups raw sunflower seeds
1 cup sesame seeds (I don't put these in mine)
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
Combine above ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 t. salt
2 t. cinnamon
1 T. vanilla
Combine above in medium saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves; do not boil.
Pour syrup over dry ingredients. Stir until all is coated with syrup. Bake 300 degrees. I use 3-4 9x13 pans. Cook 20 minutes, stir and rotate pans, cook 20 minutes, stir and rotate, cook 20 minutes. The cooking time is really a personal preference. I like mine crunchy so I cook it longer, if you don't want it crunchy, shorten the cooking time. Let cool, add raisins or dried fruit if you prefer. Refrigerate.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment